The body is the most expensive part in the car then it is important for you to start the inspection. The fact that inspection begins with the body, it is known to many. But not everyone pays attention to the fact that he was a “relative”. There are too many questions for cars with a replaced body. Yes, and ask for them is usually more expensive: they say, the body is new.
Make The Checks
Go around the car a couple of times, “devouring” it with your eyes. Not a single dent, scratch and other evidence of sloppy driving should not slip away from your gaze. All repainted and repainted places on the body may indicate that the body was straightened. It is very difficult to notice. When you go for the used cars for sale in Sidcup then it is for sure that you will be getting the perfect support with the checks.
Make sure that there are no wrinkles around the edges of the roof above the middle posts. If the car was repainted, you need to determine – in whole, in parts or not. If it was repainted, then it was in an accident or rusted. All this reduces the life of the car and its price. Compare the surface of the roof, hood, trunk, doors and wings. Determine the thickness of the paint can be a special device. If the car is not tinted paint should not be on any rubber and plastic parts of the body, tubes, wiresand engine.
Compare the paint in the engine compartment and on the wings, under the rubber seals. If a car with visible corrosion, inspect the thresholds and evaluate how they are rusted, it will be very difficult to fix this problem, extensive rusty places, and even more holes (usually in the threshold area, next to the wheel arches) indicate the need for body repair, and this the most difficult and expensive type of work. Knock (palm) on the lower parts of the door, on the rapids, nothing inside should fall.
Engine: Last But Not At All The Least
- Spread the newspaper under the car from the side of the hood.
- Start a cold engine, it should start the first time, no rattle of the starter is allowed. When starting a diesel engine, the starter should not be heard at all. If the engine is cranked by a starter and it does not start, then its fuel equipment needs adjustment or repair.
- Opening the hood, immediately smell the air above the engine there should be no smell of gasoline.
- Listen to the engine, the sound should be uniform without extraneous sounds. Ask for “gas”, there should be no metallic sound.
- Check how the engine is smeared with oil. If the engine is diesel, pay attention to the fact that all fuel equipment is free from diesel traces.